What courses are offered?
- AS French, German and Spanish
- A2 French, German and Spanish
- Exam entry for Urdu/Arabic
The AS course is a one year course taken in year 12 and can lead to a full A-level if continued in year 13.
Why study a modern foreign language?
- Because it's fun, and challenging
- Because it is an important life skill, which you will have for the rest of your working life, making you a valuable commodity in business terms
- Because you study words, and the ideas and opinions they express
- Because you get to explore your own ideas and opinions, and communicate them effectively in another language
- Because you gain insight into the culture and attitudes of other nations and learn about their and our own place in Europe
- Because we have a team of enthusiastic teachers
- We employ full-time, native-speaking Language Assistants
- We offer the benefit of small teaching groups and support and tuition adapted to your needs and abilities
- We have access to an excellent range of resources; interactive whiteboards, a wide range of Internet and CD Rom resources, an extensive video and audio library and satellite TV
- You will have the opportunity to take up a work placement in the country in Year 12
- As an 11-18 school, you have the opportunity to contribute to language activities in KS3 for example helping organise language clubs for Years 7 and 8 and helping team-teach in Year 7