Your Introduction Day
All pupils, who have been allocated a place in Year 7, will be invited to attend an Introduction Day in July, prior to entry into the school.
The day is designed to give the pupils an introduction to the school by allowing them to meet their form tutor, their new classmates and to familiarise themselves with the premises and the daily routine before that day in September when they start for real!
Pupils need not come in the uniform of the primary school. They will need a notebook, pen and pencil.
The pattern of the day will be as follows:-
8-40 a.m. Warning bell. Meet in the school dining hall.
8-45 a.m. Year group assembly
- welcome from members of the Senior Leadership Team and the Head of Key Stage 3
- form tutors introduced
- brief outline of pastoral structure
- pupil concerns addressed (anything brought to light in the May questionnaire)
- question and answer session
9-15 a.m. Period 1
- form period with new form tutor
10-15 a.m. Period 2
11-15 a.m. Break
- recreation time / healthy snacks from the school canteen
11-30 a.m. Period 3
12-30 p.m. Lunch
1-35 p.m. Period 4
2-35 p.m. Period 5
Debrief session with form tutors
3-00 p.m. Pupils go home before the rest of the school