Demonstration of Leadership Skills in Sport.
Students are assessed continuously through observation, Q&A , written homework and role play. Formal assessment is completed with students undertaking a total of 1 hours demonstration of leaderships skills.
Students must plan and lead two 30 minute sessions to a high personal standard in order to pass the award.
To see what students are required to do click here
For candidates to successfully achieve the Level 1 in Sports Leadership they must:-
1. Attend sessions on a regular basis.
2. Wear the appropriate kit (plain white T-shirt, black/blue shorts, indoor trainers).
3. Complete all homework tasks on time.
4. Fill in logbook to the required standard.
5. Lead and Plan two sporting sessions to a high standard.
6. Be prepared (Plan sessions early, attend sessions early, know your group).
7. Enjoy yourself.
If interested in the Award and want further information click the following link http://www.sportsleaders.org/our-awardsqualifications/our-qualifications/level-1-award-in-sports-leadership.aspx
Sports Leaders Award Level 2.
The Level 2 Award in Sports Leadership will give candidates the chance to develop their organisation, motivation and communication skills, whilst also focusing on positive role models in sport, how to mentor others, and how to use leadership skills in a variety of settings.
Candidates may have already gained their Level 1 Award in Sports Leadership or this may be their first step onto the volunteering pathway. There is no requirement that candidates wishing to embark on the Level 2 Award in Sports Leadership must have previously completed the Level 1 Award in Sports Leadership.