The aims and objectives of the year 7 Food Technology course is to equip students with the skills and knowledge highlighted below:-
- Awareness of food safety and hygiene.
- Application of healthy eating issues and the implementation of Licence To Cook.
- Use of I.C.T. to investigate nutritional content of foods.
The design process includes:-
- Working through a design brief and specification to develop a scone recipe.
- Generating ideas.
- Developing the scone recipe.
- Planning for making.
- Practical realisation.
- Evaluation of outcomes against specifications.
Examples of practical work include:-
- Fresh fruit Salad
- Fruit Crumble