The aims and objectives of the Year 9 Food Technology course is to build on the knowledge gained in Years 7 & 8 and to continue extending skills so students can work independently. This will be enhanced by:-
- Adapting and modifying recipes.
- Planning work sequences to encourage students to be organised when carrying out practical activities.
- Investigate industrial processes and understand their application in the manufacture of food products.
- Costing recipes
- Working with standard components.
- Detailed evaluations of final outcomes.
- Investigating labelling and packaging.
The Design process includes :-
- Designing and making bread products.
- Using pasta to design a dish suitable for a chosen target group.
Examples of practical work:-
- Bread and bread shapes.
- Savoury bread
- Pizza with bread base
- Macaroni cheese
- Pasta in white/tomato sauce
Examples of breads used for sensory analysis by year 9 students