Key Stage 4
- New for 2016/17 - Building My Skills programme throughout the year
- Introduction to careers software packages including Kudos
- Identifying personal skills and careers interests
- Preparation for individual careers interviews
- Overview of all post-16 options - including further education, vocational courses and apprenticeships
- A level subject choice and introduction to Higher Education
- All Year 11 students are invited to an individual careers guidance interview to discuss their future plans
- Support for students making applications to jobs and apprenticeships
Career Options after Year 11
The government website has a vast amount of information for year 11 students and can be found by following the link below.
It's Your Choice - PDF Available to download on the Careers area of Moodle. Comprehensive information covering the range of options post-16.
Also, see the National Careers Service website:-
UCAS PROGRESS is a useful website which gives you the option to search by institution in your local area to see what options are available. The website address is:
NB - Also please see the Further Education link on the right.
Which Subjects at A Level?
The Russell Group has produced a very useful booklet about making your post-16 subject choices and it can be found by following the link below...
The University Which Guide has a useful tool which shows which degree subjects can be accessible with your A Level choices > A Level Explorer
The Higher Ideas programme on the Careers area of Moodle also shows which degree courses different A Level subjects can lead to