The 16 – 19 Tuition Fund 2023 to 2024 Academic Year
This statement will outline how the 16 – 19 Tuition Fund will be used to support student learning at Heckmondwike Grammar School.
What is the 16 – 19 Tuition Fund?
The 16 – 19 Tuition Fund has been made available by The Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) to help schools and colleges mitigate the disruption of learning arising from the Coronavirus pandemic. The fund is ring-fenced and must be used to provide eligible students with additional tuition as outlined by the ESFA. Full details can be accessed here:
Additional funding for the academic years 2020 to 2021, 2021 to 2022, 2022 to 2023 and 2023 to 2024 for schools, colleges and other 16 to 19 institutions to mitigate the disruption to learning arising from coronavirus (COVID …
Who will be supported by the 16 – 19 Tuition Fund at Heckmondwike Grammar School?
The funding will be used to provide eligible students with one-to-one tuition in English, Mathematics and other subject areas where student performance has been affected by Coronavirus. Students must be aged between 16 to 19 and tutoring will be prioritised using the following eligibility criteria:
- Year 12 Students who did not achieve grade 6 in GCSE English and/or Mathematics
- Year 12/13 Students who benefit from the school 16 – 19 bursary fund
- Year 12/13 Students who are living in the 27% most economically deprived areas of the country
How will the funding be used?
The 16 – 19 Tuition Fund will be used to provide learners with one-to-one tutoring in key subject areas. Tutoring will be provided by a third-party provider who will host the virtual tutoring sessions and record student progress. This tuition will be scheduled in addition to the planned programme of study and students will attend timetabled lessons as usual.
Heckmondwike Grammar School Commitment
Heckmondwike Grammar School is committed to ensuring that the 16 – 19 Tuition Fund is spent in accordance with the ESFA guidance by:
- Producing this statement to outline how the funding will be used to support learners
- Publishing this statement on the school website
- Recording the use of the fund, including references to individual students who receive support, the needs of those students, the number of hours of tuition delivered and retaining the evidence of the tuition provided
- Facilitating the extra tuition and spending the allocated funds in the 2023/2024 academic year
- Notifying the ESFA of any underspend at the end of 2023-24 for it to be reclaimed