Business is an examination of the business world. If you choose to study Business you will look at real businesses and see how they operate. You will examine what it takes to set up a business and make it a success. You will discover the factors which determine whether a new product or an entrepreneur succeeds or fails. You will examine how a business develops beyond the start-up phase and how business decisions are taken in terms of marketing, operations, human resources and finance.
What will it be like?
Business examines the key areas that affect all businesses:
- Enterprise and entrepreneurship
- Spotting a business opportunity
- Putting a business idea into practice
- Making the business effective
- Understanding external influences on business
- Growing the business
- Making marketing decisions
- Making operational decisions
- Making financial decisions
- Making human resource decisions
You will enjoy this course if you want to study a subject that:
- Is relevant to the world you live in, and to your future.
- Focuses on the world of business through researching real case studies and visits to firms in London / Yorkshire
- Gives you the opportunity to investigate how real businesses work.
- Sets you up for a future career in Business or Finance.
Examination: 2 exams, both comprising of calculations, multiple-choice, short answer and extended writing questions. Two thirds of the questions are based on business contexts (case studies) given in the papers. Both exams are 1 hour and 30 minutes and each is 50% of the qualification. They are sat at the end of Year 11.